How to use The Roti Maker
Using the Roti Maker is simple. You only need three things to get started: prepared dough, some extra flour and your Roti Maker.
For best results, prepare your dough and let it sit for 15 minutes before preparing. You can follow this quick 7 step guide to make perfect rotis.
- Step 1: Turn on the Roti Maker and let the plates heat up for 90 seconds
- Step 2: Roll your dough into a ball that is about the size of your palm or your desired size of roti.
- Step 3: Toss your ball of dough into some dry flour and use your palms to flatten the ball.
- Step 4: Place your dough in the middle of the Roti Maker dish and press down for 1-2 seconds. Lift the plate to see how your roti looks and press it down a second time for 1 second. The first press makes the shape of your roti round and the second press makes your roti nice and thin.
- Step 5: Once you are happy with the shape of your roti, let it cook on one side for about 10-15 seconds and flip. Your roti should be partially cooked and the top should have small bubbles forming.
- Step 6: Let your roti completely cook on one side facing down now - you should see a lot more air bubbles forming on the side facing up. After about 45 seconds, or when your roti is cooked to your desire, flip it one last time to let the rest of the roti completely cook.
- Step 7: Take the top lid of the Roti Maker and close it on your Roti to make it puff up, or you can use a heat proof cloth and press the edges of your Roti until it puffs.
Each Roti should take about 1-2 minutes to prepare and you can spread some butter on the top of your roti to ensure it stays nice and soft.
We hope you enjoy making rotis on your Roti Maker, for any additional support please don't hesitate to contact our team!